Total Pageviews

Tuesday 22 May 2012




Doodling on Advertisements - This is a project that I follow on with when I am introducing LINE to my year 7 classes. I try and get students to focus on using line, shapes and patterns rather than defacing the advertisements.

We use a black felt tip pen, .06 and .04.  The larger tipped pen is good for colouring the black areas, the finer tipped pen is for the designing and finer lines.

I dont use the advertisment straight from the magazine; the paper is too smooth. I have started collecting large scale faces from magazines and photcopy them in colour onto cartridge paper for my students to work on.






This link is where I first found the idea and inspiration for this project.  I have taken it further this term, with ripping the edges of the pictures and mount them on coloured or black cardboard and then laminate them for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment